(MHC) HB 1100 Right of First Refusal
- Requires landlords to provide written notices of opportunity to purchase with respect to the sale or lease of a manufactured/mobile home community (MHC).
- Provides certain organizations and associations a fixed period of time within which to provide written notice of intent expressing an interest to purchase or lease and make an offer, during which time the landlord must not make a final unconditional acceptance of an offer from others.
- Requires good faith negotiations between landlords and qualified tenant organizations and eligible organizations when a landlord sells or leases an MHC or the property on which it sits.
- Imposes civil penalties for failure to comply.
- Public Hearing in House Appropriations Committee on Jan 25th at 3:30pm
FOR MORE INFO.
- Visit our Advocacy Center for Calls to Action