SB 5079 Extending the closure notice period for manufactured / mobile home communities.
- Requires manufactured/mobile home community (MHC) landlords to provide tenants with three years' notice before closure or conversion of the MHC.
- Requires tenants who sell a home within the MHC to provide the buyer with a copy of any closure notice in effect at least 15 days before the intended sale, with a copy to be provided by the landlord at least 7 days before the intended sale.
Removes the closure notice requirement exemption when landlords compensate the tenants for the loss of their homes during the closure period.
- Public hearing on Thursday, January 14th at 8am in the Senate Housing & Local Government Committee.
- Executive action taken in the Senate Committee on Housing & Local Government at 8:00 AM on February 4th.
- SB 5079 Increases the time period required to notify homeowners that community is closing or changing use from 12 months to 3 years.
- Requires a homeowner who sells their home within a community to provide a copy of a closure notice to the buyer at least 15 days before the intended sale and transfer of title.
- Allows community owners to be exempt from the closure notice if they offer homeowners either the assessed market value of the home, or $5,000, whichever is greater
- Establishes that a homeowner cannot be prevented from moving their home out of a community that is in the closure notice period
- Establishes that community owners are responsible for the demolition and disposal of a vacated home after a homeowner vacates during the closure notice period.
FOR MORE INFO.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to advocacy@RHAwa.org.