SUPPORT SB 5741 Housing Gap Voucher Pilot Program
Date postedFebruary 10, 2023
Posted By: 2023 Legislative Session,
Establishing a housing gap voucher pilot program
- Creates rental assistance vouchers through housing authorities for residents to bridge the gap between their income and their rent.
- Makes available rental assistance for seniors, low-income families, and members of marginalized communities living in manufactured housing or rental housing in Washington.
- Vouchers are targeted to 80% AMI and below, adjusted by family size and area.
- Voucher is good for up to 12 months and allows residents in need to reapply.
- Voucher amounts is enough to bridge the gap but not paying all of the monthly rent.
- Feb 13 First reading, referred to Housing. (View Original Bill)
- Feb 17 Public hearing in the Senate Committee on Housing at 10:30 AM. (Committee Materials
LEARN MORE & TAKE ACTION
2023 LEGISLATIVE BILLS
This blog category filters 2023 legislative session bill summaries and related articles.
READ SUMMARIES >
JOIN THE GRASSROOTS EFFORT
Contact electeds about legislative bills directly through out Advocacy Center.
TAKE ACTION >