Code of Conduct
RHAWA is committed to serving the greater public good by practicing the highest ethical and professional standards.
Regular Member Code of Conduct
Regular members of the Rental Housing Association of Washington, agree to conduct business in accordance with the following Code of Conduct:
- Conduct all business transactions in a straightforward and honest manner.
- Conduct business with active knowledge of and affirmative compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- We comply with federal, state, and city fair housing laws. Do not engage in discrimination against persons on the basis of their protected-class status.
- Utilize written rental agreements that comply with Washington’s Residential Landlord-Tenant Act and local laws. Enforce the terms of each rental agreement consistently among residents.
- Respond promptly to resident complaints and address grievances in a fair, honest and timely fashion.
- Provide proper accounting for all security deposits within the legally allowed time limit.
- Treat residents, fellow members, business suppliers / vendors and association staff with respect and integrity.
Vendor Code of Conduct
As a Vendor Member of the Rental Housing Association of Washington, you agree to conduct business in accordance with the following Code of Conduct:
- We conduct business transactions in a straightforward and honest manner.
- We conduct business transactions with active knowledge of and affirmative compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- We respect the integrity of business relationships between Regular and Vendor members and conduct our business activities with a sense of fair play and competition.
- We will not engage in behavior that constitutes a restraint of trade.
- In the case of a dispute between a member of the Association and us, we agree to participate in non-binding mediation through the Association to attempt in good faith to resolve the dispute. We treat our customers, competitors, fellow members and association staff with respect and integrity.
- We agree to fulfill our business commitments in a complete, timely and quality manner.
- We do not directly solicit business at RHAWA social functions.
- We encourage our personnel to be proactively involved in and otherwise supportive of association and community-based activities and to conduct themselves appropriately at such functions.
- We will actively promote our business through RHAWA advertising, sponsorship and relationship building opportunities.
- We agree to cease use of the Association’s logos or to advertise our Vendor Membership should that membership terminate for any reason.
The Rental Housing Association of Washington reserves the right to deny, suspend or terminate membership in the association for any member or vendor member who knowingly or repeatedly violates this Code of Conduct. Vendor members must promptly and properly rectify any violations otherwise RHAWA may deny, suspend or terminate membership in the association.