Olympia Housing Rally Ride Share
* Registration open until 1/23/20 at 5:00 PM (PST)
This registration is ONLY if you would like a ride to and from Olympia for the Housing Rally on January 24th.
You do not need to register to attend the hearing or rally.
- Ends fixed term lease agreements--ostensibly creates a perpetual lease agreement.
- The bill will make it much harder for small landlords to protect the health, safety, and welfare of other tenants in their community.
- Makes it practically impossible for a small landlord to remove a tenant who is dangerous or disruptive to their community
- Removes prohibition on eligibility for judicial discretion if tenant issued 3 or more 14-day notices within the previous 12-month period.
- Requires submittal of a copy of the order to stay the writ of restitution with each reimbursement claim under the landlord mitigation program (LMP).
- Requires landlords to alter the rent due date when requested by the tenant.
- Makes it much more difficult for a landlord to withhold legitimate damage from a tenant’s Security Deposits.
- Requires massive and detailed documentation including, the age of all fixtures, equipment, and furnishings, the time since their installment or replacement, and their useful life for every tenancy in order to charge.
- Limits the time to bring an action for recovery of damages exceeding the deposit to within one year of the termination of the rental agreement.
For More Information:
Seattle, WA 98103 (206) 283-0816
We will be meeting at the RHAWA offices in West Seattle at 6:30am and transportation will depart at 7:00am. Coffee will be provided as well as transportation.
Republican leadership would like to meet with our members before Friday's hearing at 8:30am on the First Floor of the Legislative Building in the House Rules Room to hear your concerns about HB 2453 and HB 2724!
- 6:30am | Arrive at RHAWA offices
- 7am | Transportation departs for Olympia
- 8:30am | Briefing ahead of hearings by Republican leadership and lobbyists
- 10am | Hearing begins
- Noon | Hearing concludes
- 12:30 - 12:45pm | Transportation departs for Seattle
- 2pm | Arrival at RHAWA offices