Rent Increase Notice - Tacoma
No landlord may issue a notice of rent increase unless the landlord is in compliance with:
- All licensing requirements for the property and has paid the annual business license fee for the City of Tacoma.
- All tenant protection laws.
- Tacoma tenant health and safety laws under TMC 2.01.050, and dwelling habitability laws under RCW 59.18.060
Go to Tacoma's Landlord Resources page for the most recent links and information.
To Increase Rent, Serve all three of the following per RCW 59.12.040:
- 210-Day Notice of Rent Increase (between 210 and 180 days)
- 120-Day Notice of Rent Increase
- Reminder Notice of Rent Increase (between 120 and 90 days)
- Include a copy of the disclosure Notice of Rent Increase with each of the three notices listed above.