Learn everything you need to know about renting out a home in the State of Washington, including all relevant Federal laws and how to ensure you are following specific local laws in your area. Best practices for efficient operations will also be discussed. This four-hour workshop will include the following segments:
- Getting Ready to Rent: Finding your local laws including registration and inspection requirements, setting policies, and more.
- Finding a Tenant: Fair and effective screening practices, "Section 8" voucher programs, criminal history assessment, and more.
- Signing the Rental Agreement: Property condition and the security deposit, selection of rental agreement terms, and more.
- Working with Tenants: Best practices and notices to encourage compliance with terms, notices to increase rent/change rules, and more.
- Managing Move Outs: Notice periods, security deposit accounting, and more.
This session is offered ONLINE only. After class, all participants will receive a link to recorded session and downloadable materials for review.
All written, presented and recorded content provided by RHAWA for this course are for the use of the participants enrolled in the course. Copyrighted course content may not be further disseminated.
Formal legal advice and review is recommended prior to selection and use of this information. RHAWA does not represent your selection or execution of this information as appropriate for your specific circumstance. The material contained and represented herein, although obtained from reliable sources, is not considered legal advice or to be used as a substitution for legal counsel.
Members can subscribe to the Annual Class Pass with dues renewal. Contact education@RHAwa.org for more information.
Digital event sponsorships are available. If you are interested in these opportunities, please contact Jaci Willoughby for more information