OnDemand Course - Fair Housing Essentials | Legal Compliance Certificate
When you think of risk management for your rental business, fair housing training might not be top of mind, but it's critical. Even the most fair and ethical landlords can receive hefty fines for fair housing violations. In this seminar, you will learn:
• A brief history and core principles of Fair Housing Law.
• Protected classes in various jurisdictions, including source of income and criminal history.
• How to process accommodation requests, including use of service animals.
• Key areas of landlord risk for fair housing claims in the tenancy lifecycle.
• How to apply best practices and decision making in various landlord-tenant relation situations.
Instructor, Jeana Poloni has been an attorney at the Loeffler Law Group and active RHA member since 2011. Her practice emphasizes residential and commercial landlord-tenant litigation, fair housing discrimination complaint defense and real estate litigation. She is an engaging speaker and instructor, certified to teach law for real estate continuing education in Washington state.
Purchase will provide access for one learner to complete the course.
The learner will be prompted to complete the course in 30 days, and will have access to the course for review for 90 days.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will receive a certificate of completion.