OnDemand Course - WA Landlord-Tenant Law Essentials (2021-25) | CRE 3-hr Certificate
Education | Certificate Courses
CRE WA Landlord-Tenant Law Essentials - 2021 (3 Clock Hours)
Completion of this course counts toward continuing education requirements for licensed Washington Real Estate Brokers.
Instructor: Christopher T. Benis
Course ID: C21023618
After completing the course, the learner will be able to explain and apply principles and procedures required under the Washington Residential Landlord-Tenant Act that are most essential to daily operations of a rental property, while referencing the provided course materials.
- Introduction: COVID Moratorium Update, Layers of the Law, Basic Definitions, Situations Not Under RLTA, Agency Law.
- Tenant Selection: Applications and Screening Criteria, Fair Housing Laws, Waiting Lists and Holding Deposits.
- Leasing: Security Deposits, Installment Payments of Move-in Costs, Rental Agreements and Leases.
- Tenant Relations: Landlord & Tenant Duties, Rent Payments, Changes to the Rental Agreement, Retaliation.
- End of Tenancy: Good Cause To End Tenancy, Breaking Term Leases, End of Term Notice, Eviction Process.