HB 2017 Criminal History Screening Ban
- Prohibits a housing provider from advertising or operating their rental as "crime free"
- Prohibits a housing provider from requesting criminal history information from a current or prospective tenant
- Prohibits a housing provider from denying a prospective tenant the tenancy for a criminal conviction
- Prohibits taking adverse action or terminating a tenancy of a tenant for criminal history discovered after the inception of the tenancy.
- The maximum penalty for a violation of this bill is $7,500 for each person
The following are exempt from this bill:
- Federally assisted housing
- Owner occupied single family homes
- Hearing in the House Housing, Human Services and Veterans Committee on January 25th at 8:00 am
FOR MORE INFO.
- Visit our Advocacy Center for Calls to Action