HB 1129 & SB 5198 Concerning the Sale or Lease of Manufactured/Mobile Home Communities...
HB 1129 & SB 5198
Concerning the sale or lease of manufactured/mobile home communities and the property on which they sit.
HB 1129 Summary
- Requires a landlord to provide written notice of opportunity to purchase when selling or leasing a manufactured/mobile home community (community).
- Allows eligible organizations a fixed period of time to provide written notice of intent to consider purchasing or leasing a community and to make an offer, during which time the landlord may not make a final unconditional acceptance of another offer.
- Requires, with limited exceptions, that a landlord provide three years' notice of a community's closure or conversion.
Sponsors: Representatives Gregerson, Duerr, Reed, Peterson, Bateman, Ramel, Leavitt, Doglio, Macri, Simmons, Reeves, Chopp, Lekanoff, Wylie, Santos, Ormsby, Kloba, and Tharinger
SB 5198 Summary
- Requires landlords to provide three years notice for closure or conversion of a manufactured/mobile home community (MHC), with limited exceptions.
- Requires landlords to provide a written notice of opportunity to purchase when selling or leasing an MHC.
- Provides that if a landlord receives notice of intent to consider purchasing or leasing an MHC from a qualified tenant organization or other eligible organization, the landlord may not make a final unconditional acceptance of an offer to purchase or lease the MHC from a person or entity other than a qualified tenant organization or eligible organization for 12 months.
Sponsors: Senators Frame, Kuderer, Hasegawa, Hunt, Keiser, Lovelett, Nobles, Valdez, and C. Wilson
LEARN MORE & TAKE ACTION
2023 LEGISLATIVE BILLS
This blog category filters 2023 legislative session bill summaries and related articles.
READ SUMMARIES >
JOIN THE GRASSROOTS EFFORT
Contact electeds about legislative bills directly through out Advocacy Center.
TAKE ACTION >